The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Feb 15, 2010

Yay, We're home...again!

I hope and am sure all of you had a nice Valentines Day, but please do not take offense when I say, "OURS was better than yours"!
What a Valentines Day treat from Dr. Sprague...hearing those 6 words "you can take your baby home" was the best gift ever!! She was released from the hospital around 3pm. That gave me enough time to swing by cousin Anna's 3 year B-Day party (where Kenzie was at) which started at 4pm. Perfect! While I was at the party, Daddy & Macy came home to get settled in! What a man!

Macy is well today and McKenzie is just thrilled to have her baby sister home sleeping in her own bed. Kenzie has been so cute all morning just watching, talking & singing gently to her. McKenzie tells me that Macy's favorite song is "twinkle twinkle little star". aww, how sweet!!

Macy is back up to her old tricks...pulling big sisters hair!!
Who me? Yes you! Don't try to deny it, we've a picture of you doing it!
You are not so innocent after-all little girl! :-)

Macy is on an antibiotic (augmentin ES) to treat her pneumonia - she gives a really funny "crinkle face" when I give it to her, still not sure if she likes it yet - it's an acquired taste. We have a follow up appointment this Thursday with Dr. Keller, just to ensure that all is "still" well...after that I have my (1 week late) postpartum check with my OB/GYN doc. ooops - totally spaced that! I suppose it would have been nice if perhaps they could have called and reminded me?? oh well...my bad!
We will also be setting up an out-patient procedure for little Miss Macy. She needs to have an Upper GI and video surveillance study done this week. This swallow test will tell us whether or not fluid is getting into her lungs while she is feeding/nursing, which could cause her to aspirate. This could be a contributing factor as to why she developed pneumonia. If this is the case, we would need to take extra measures to thicken the breast milk when she eats. I would need to pump, add rice cereal to the milk and then feed Macy using a bottle. aw bummer. I am certainly hoping this is not the case, as this would just be more work for me. But, of course, we will do whatever it takes to keep her healthy and especially out of the hospital! It may also be possible, that she has reflux or she may have simply caught a little cold of which she was not able to fight it off, so it turned into pneumonia. I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.

In the mean time, she's got her puppy dog Toby keeping an eye out for her :-)
I "double-dog" dare you to try and tell me this is not the cutest thing ever!
Poor McKenzie is getting SOOO sick of this yucky, cold wintery weather...she has been asking me all morning... "Can we go outside, and we play basketball? ok. And get mine Wagon? And Toby get in mine wagon?! ok. We go for big walk? Oh and we can go park?! That be fun huh, mom, huh?" heart-breaking, just heart-breaking. I just respond by saying "soon enough my dear...soon enough" :-(

2 comments:

  1. Brady had an upper GI test too. Its a simple test. No worries! He didn't even seem to mind AND they let you watch the x-ray video of it. Not many parents can say they've seen the inside of their little ones. It is so cool. Good luck! I hope all turns out okay.
    Jen S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad Miss Macy is home! :) Hip hip hooray! :) That IS great news! :) Just wanted to say thanks for the smiles with the oh so cute photos you sent! :) Loved all of them - esp. of Macy and the dog!
    p.s. Have you checked out Boingz?! It's a bounce house place and GREAT for the kiddos to get out their (winter) energy! - Cheryl Koepke

    ReplyDelete