The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Jul 28, 2010

Grandpa Nanny School: LESSON 2

Grandpa Nanny School: Lesson 2
(written by Grandpa Lee)


As if you haven't noticed yet
I have Down Syndrome
Or just D.S. for short
So read my lips, repeat after Me
Say it Down Syndrome

But mostly I am D.S.
with these initials
Standing for
All these things in this poem




I have a DIMPLY SMILE
Beaming big and bright
I have a DEVOTED SISTER
Who is my guiding light

I am my DADDY'S SWEETHEART
Every day is Valentines Day
I am my Mommy's DAILY SHOW-N-TELL
Pictures and words that excel

I am DELIGHTFULLY SASSY
My smarty pants raspberry blow
I am DOWNRIGHT SPUNKY
My bottle is 98.6 or no go

I am a DIVA SHOWGIRL
Looking good in my ribbons and pearls
I'm a DEFINITE SHOW-OFF
With my horizontal twirls and whirls

I'm a DELUXE SURPRISE
An unexpected Red Rose
I'm a DAISY in SPRINGTIME
To delight your nose

At night I DREAM STORIES
Sweet Fairy Tale stuff
I sing my DAILY SONGS
Til my family has had enough


I'm a DAZZLING SUNRISE
A morning delight
I am a DAY-IS-DONE SUNSET
Down peacefully at night


I have a DEDICATED SENTINAL
My guard dog Toby
I am a DEVOTED SIBLING
My sister and I agree


I am DEEPLY SERENE
Undisturbed by strife
I am DELIGHTFULLY SATISFIED
I Love my Life


I am a DEPENDABLE SCOUT
Leading the way
We will DISCOVER STRENGTH
In many forms every day


And Grandpa I'll be a DOCILE SOUL
Except when my bottle is cold
I will be DEFIANTLY SPUNKY
I'll put you on E-bay and you've been sold


I am a DAILY SPONGE
Soaking up the view
I am a DETERMINED SEEKER
Peek a Boo I see you


I am a DECENT SCRAPPER
In my face I'll pull your hair
I do DISCOVER STRENGTH
Mess with me you better beware


Of all things I DESIRE SINCERELY
I hope to grow up to be
Just like my Mommy and Daddy
And my big sister McKenzie




**********


And now after 12 weeks of a Very Special Education from Macy
There are so many things I am beginning to know
So many things I am beginning to understand
I am beginning to know what to write.


Thank You Macy,

I Love you
Grandpa



2 comments:

  1. that is Darn Sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful!!! And that picture of Macy is absolutely adorable!!! I love it! It's one of my very favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete