The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Aug 19, 2010

Moments of Weakness

"It's all Good"...99.9% of the time.  I think everyone, no matter who you are, no matter what path God has chosen for you, is entitled to a little down time.  Every so often my mind wanders and I think waaay too much into things, I look tooo far down the road.  I need to just STOP.  Focus on the now, think about the now and don't over-analyze.
I have come to terms with the fact that Macy will be delayed with most areas of her development.  I'd say we are handling that quite well.  And she is doing phenominal by the way - our therapists say she is actually within the range of a typical developing baby.  On the low end of that range, but hey, SHE'S IN THE RANGE! 
However, the other day, I could not help but think about my friends who have little ones Macy's age (even younger) who are already mastering exciting milestones, such as crawling, sitting up, scooting around, etc...I got VERY weak and actually opened McKenzie's baby book.  Shame on me.  I flipped to the page that I highlighted her "big" milestones and documented how old she was at the time of her mastering different skills. 
I KNEW I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT!  I told myself I wouldn't.  It is not fair to compare any kid to another kid.  Especially if one of the kiddos has a developmental delay.  Just not fair.
But.  I.  Did.  And oh were the water works a flowin.  :-(  Sitting up and crawling seem so far away...

The fact that both Macy and I have yucky head colds/sinus infections does not help.  I wish we could take some BIG TIME medicine to get rid of our sickies.  But. I guess, we'll just ride it out.
Today is a new day.  She woke up smiley, happy and rolling around like an all-star.  I am so proud of her and all of her accomplishments and will try to be each and every day.
No more comparing.
Oh, and her eyes were not matty this morning.  I think she is on the upswing of feeling better.  :-)

Another thing that does not help, is when McKenzie (our big, usually very mature and intelligent McKenzie) reverts.  Moans like a baby, protrudes her tongue to be like McKenzie and throws baby-like fits.  I know it is all just a ploy to get my attention, but it drives me NUTS!  It frustrates me to no end.  Do all toddler's with baby siblings do this?  I hope it is just a phase.  At least it is not all the time, just some of the time.  I hope she grows out of it very soon, because I really like, very much, the polite, caring, amazingly smart big girl she is becoming.  She is blossoming beautifully! 
She has her first Gymnastics class tonight.  She is Super excited!! What to wear.  What to wear? 
What a dilemma right?

*****
Below are some video's from last week   (the doc asked if we could capture her frequent eye rolling on video, so we let the camera run for part of the day.  got some fun footage of her playing)
as you can see in this video...she's got the GIFT OF GAB!  pretty sure she said daddy last week  :-)
more gabbin' in the mirror
Here you can really see how DETERMINED she is to roll over.  Once she finally flips to her tummy she celebrates in the mirror.  :-)  followed by a little bit of smack talkin'
more talking into the mirror.  she loves herself!  If you watch closely, you can also catch a small glimpse of her "eye roll" action.
Macy loves watching and listening to her big sister talk, dance and sing.  McKenzie's usually a little too close for comfort, but Macy doesn't seem to mind.  Big sis is the BEST entertainment EVER!
A little more big sister love...followed up by some good old fashioned Toby love  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love her little laugh and of course the blowing bubbles with a little lip burping action. So Cute!!

    Aunt Heather

    ReplyDelete