The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Sep 25, 2010

NIGHTHAWKS!




Thanks to D.A.D.S (Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome)...we were invited to a pre-game tailgate party at Joe Bananas and were given free tickets to last night's Innaugural UFL game...the Omaha Nighthawks scored a TD in the final 6 seconds of the game to beat the Hartford Colonials by 1 point in front of a sellout crowd of 24,000 fans!  What a game!  And a WHAT A GORGEOUS NIGHT!  The weather could not have been any more perfect.
I still can't get over how surreal it was to see a football game being played in this gem of a BASEBALL stadium.  Plus, what made it even more confusing was the fact that my "not-so-sports-inclined" 3 year old kept calling it a "BASKETball" game.   haha  But it was awesome and turned out to be a great venue.

heading to the game...this will probably be the last time we step foot in the beloved "Diamond on the Hill" Rosenblatt  Stadium.
McKenzie thought it was pretty cool to see all the big fast cars driving below  :-)
"WHY do they keep HONKING!"
my family!  Macy's first and last time at Rosenblatt

Macy yelling at Mckenzie to TURN AROUND and look at the camera
okay Macy, practice what you preach...look at the camera haha!  :-)  oh well, it's as  good as it's gonna get!  LOL
Cory making Macy smile
Jagger with his dad (Dale).  It was fun that our whole ODSPN group (of about 100) were all able to sit in the same section!
Macy was easy peasy and actually slept through most of the game...which was fine with me...a sleeping baby is a lot easier than a hungry, tired, restless baby  :-)
 I went to my first concert when I was about 10 or so.  We saw "Chicago" at some huge park in Houston, TX.  Joe went to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band when he was about 13 years old...they were playing at the Fremont City Auditorium...And now, our girls can say their first concert experience was NELLY who sang/rapped during halftime of the Nighthawk game at Rosenblatt Stadium.  It was awesome!  and very loud  :-) 

shortly after the show, both girls konked out for about 10 minutes or so.
My friend Jeff, his dad and younger brother Cory (Cory is 17).
Steph takin' a pic of Jagger...yes, I am that person who takes pictures of people taking pictures
McKenzie scanned the crowd and found her best friend (Cousin Anna) and all was right in the world!
Sprite, feel free...I give you permission to use this image in your next print ad.  If you don't see a rise in soda sales after putting this face on your next campaign, then I don't know what will!
oh Jagger,  you are just too sweet, I can't get enough of you  :-)
As you can see by Macy's adorable expression she had a blast!
The whole, long walk back to the car was just like this...Macy staring up and giggling at me.  I could not help but want to just watch her...it's a surprise I did not fall on my face as I was wearing heels and not paying attention to the uneven ground below in the dark streets on South East Omaha...

 I leave you with this cute video of "Jagger the Rockstar" dancing to Nelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment