The Harnisch Family

The Harnisch Family

Jan 12, 2011

Nice visit with Great Grandpa & Grandma

The snowy roads have cleared and school is back in session.  And thank goodness for that.  Macy and I were able to run some productive errands this morning while McKenzie was at school for a couple hours.
We had a little visit with our pediatrician.  I am happy to report that Macy's weight gain is back on the UPSWING.  She weighed in at 14lbs 6 oz this morning, which was almost a full pound heavier than a month ago.  woot woot.  keep it up girlfriend.  Now if only you'd start giving whole milk a chance - she's turned into quite the little "breast-milk snob" - seems we have another "Battle of the  Bottle" on our hands (that's a whole 'nother post  :-(  )

After pre-school me and the girls ventured across town to visit Great Grandpa & Great Grandma Salisbury.  They are two of a lucky few who actually have living "Great" grandparents, for this we are grateful.
I do think of our others of whom I wish were still here with us today.  Oh how Macy & Kenzie would have loved them too.   And vica-versa I'm sure  :-)
 yes...that's a "Movin' with Macy" shirt Great Grandpa is wearing.  He was not able to "physically" be at the Buddy Walk, but he most certainly IS part of her "team".  I delivered the T-Shirt to him a few days before the big day back in October.  I asked his nurses to dress him in it every so often.  This shade of blue really does look good on him  :-)
 I enjoyed a really nice conversation with my grandparents today.
 Grandpa Dick was wide awake, very alert and talkative today.  He had nothing but a big smile on his face the entire two hours we were there.  He is just so darned proud to tell everyone at the home about all his grand-kids and especially loves being able to show them off "in-person".  :-)
 He held and had chat a with Little Miss Macy for at least 20 minutes or so.  Until she started to get a bit too squirmy and I was worried he might drop her!
 Silly big sister McKenzie had fun, she had all sorts of cool stories to share.  She loves getting suckers from the kind man near the front door every time we visit. 
***
I am sad that the vets nursing home is so far away (it's about a 45 minute drive), I wish we could visit MORE.  But that's no excuse.  I am going to make an effort to visit him more often this year...perhaps another "resolution" of sorts  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment